1. All pets staying in the hospital must have an existing veterinary client-patient relationship, must be current on vaccinations, and must have screened negative for intestinal parasites within the last 12 months. Dogs require DAPP, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines, while cats require FVRCP and Rabies vaccines. If any of these services are performed at our hospital, a $45 veterinary exam or a $15 Technician visit fee will be charged. (To have an existing VCPR, a patient must have been examined BY OUR DVM in the last 12 months)
2. Any pet that has shown signs off illness or been diagnosed with a contagious disease or parasite within 30 days of their visit should be reported to staff prior to your reservation.
3. All pets staying are required to be current on flea and tick prevention. Any pet found to have external or internal parasites while in our care will be treated at the owner's expense. Remember that we are a veterinary hospital as well, and cannot guarantee that all pets that enter our building are free from parasites. Please note that if your pet is NOT up to date on prevention we cannot guarantee that they will remain parasite free during their stay.
4. All boarding clients are required to keep a current credit card or debit card on file. This card will be used to handle any medical needs that may arise, to pay for extended stay fees if your pet stays past his/her scheduled pick up time, or to use for prepayment of boarding reservations when necessary.
5. A $50 deposit will be required to hold all boarding reservations. This deposit will be paid towards the fees for your stay, but is non-refundable unless your stay is cancelled 48 hours or more in advance.
6. All boarding reservations require at least 48 hours notice for cancellation. Any client that cancels their boarding reservation less than 48 hours from their stay will forfeit their $50 deposit. Any "no show" to a boarding reservation will also forfeit their $50 deposit.
7. You may drop off or pick up your pet anytime during our regular business hours. Any pet that needs medical services performed while boarding must be dropped off before noon.
8. If you are picking up or dropping off your pet outside of office hours you will need to make arrangements with our staff. We offer drop off or pick up on NON-business days at 8 am, 12 pm, or 6 pm. Drop off or pick up at any other time outside of office hours WILL NOT be accommodated. Drop offs and pick ups are NOT allowed on the following holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day, Christmas day, New years Day.
9. Payment for boarding services is due in full at the time of drop off. If you plan on dropping your pet off outside of our regular business office hours, prepayment is required. You may take care of this payment however you wish. If you have not taken care of payment by the end of business hours the final business day before your stay, then the credit card you provided on file will be charged for your pet's stay. Any client who requests to extend their pet's stay or who does not pick up their pet by their scheduled reservation date/time, will be charged for any additional fees accrued after they have been discharged.
10. Reservation fees are charged by the night based on pick up time. If your pet is picked up between 7am and 12pm you will be only be charged for the number of nights your pet stayed. If you plan to pick up your pet after 12pm, expect to see an extra 1/2 night charge on your reservation. When pets are picked up in the afternoon/evening we are unable to reserve that space for the following night, therefore the 1/2 night fee is applied.
11. If you pick up 24 hours or more before your pet's scheduled pick up time, a refund will be issued to the card on file. Refunds will not be awarded for pick ups less than 24 hours early. If you refuse to keep a card on file, then you agree that you forfeit any early pick up refunds. Early pick up refunds WILL NOT be issued for any stay that includes the Ankeny's spring break week or the following holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day, Christmas day, and New Years Day.
12. All client's understand that due to the different surfaces present in our play areas, and the way pet's interact with one another, minor cuts, scrapes, scratches, paw abrasions, or other injuries may occur even though dogs are supervised at all times. Heart of Ankeny staff will contact you if your pet has an injury or illness that requires medical attention. Heart of Ankeny Animal Hospital, and any of it's employees, will not be liable for any illness, injury, escape, or death of your pet while they are in our care for overnight boarding. Furthermore, owners will be fully responsible for any harm a pet in our care may cause to other patients, staff, volunteers, or other invitees.
13. All reasonable precautions will be taken to prevent injury or escape of your pet. Heart of Ankeny Animal hospital is not responsible for the actions of your pet that may cause injury or escape.
14. Heart of Ankeny has the right to permanently remove ANY dog from group playtime if we feel they are not interacting well with other dogs or staff/people.
A Boarding Check-in Form is required for all patients boarding at Heart of Ankeny Animal Hospital. This form will be emailed to you in advance. To ensure efficiency at check-in we would appreciate you filling out this form and returning to us at least 48 hours before your reservation. ANY CLIENT who has not filled out this form in advance will be required to fill it out at drop off before they can leave their pet in our care.