- In Regards to COVID-19
- Meet Our Staff
- Tour Our Hospital
- The Canine Club - Boarding & Daycare
- Online Store
- ARL Adoptions
- New Client Form
- Contact Us
- Pet Library
701 SW Ordnance Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
Outside office hours dropoff/pick-up:
Our employees are here Saturdays at 6pm & Sundays at 8am, 12pm, and 6pm for boarding drop-off & pick-up. We do NOT allow drop off or pick up on holidays.
Our hospital will be closed Monday September 7th for the Labor Day Holiday. We will resume normal hours on Tuesday, September 8th.
Boarding and Daycare Policies
1. All pets staying in the hospital are required to be current on vaccinations and must have screened negative for intestinal parasites within the last 6 months. Dogs require DAPP, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines, while cats require FVRCP and Rabies vaccines.
2. Any pet that has shown signs off illness or been diagnosed with a contagious disease or parasite within 30 days of their visit should be reported to staff prior to your reservation.
3. All pets staying are required to be current on flea and tick prevention. Any pet found to have external or internal parasites while in our care will be treated at the owner's expense. Remember that we are a veterinary hospital as well, and cannot guarantee that all pets that enter our building are free from parasites. Please note that if your pet is NOT up to date on prevention we cannot guarantee that they will remain parasite free during their stay.
4. All boarding and daycare clients are required to keep a current credit card or debit card on file. This card will be used to handle any medical needs that may arise, to pay for extended stay fees if you pet stays past his/her scheduled pick up time, to pay for "No Show" or late cancellation fees if they should occur, or to use for prepayment of boarding reservations when necessary (see #5 below).
5. All boarding reservations require at least 48 hours notice for cancellation. Any boarding reservation that cancels less than 48 hours from their stay will be charged a late cancel fee of $25. if you are scheduled during a "High Demand" time (see #8 below) you will forfeit your $50 deposit in place of this fee. Any "no show" to a boarding reservation will require a $50 deposit for ANY future reservations (high demand or not). All Daycare reservations must be cancelled before 10 pm the night before the reservation. Any client that cancels after 10 pm the night before or that "No shows" for their reservation will be charged the full price fee for their daycare reservation.
6. If you are picking up or dropping off your pet outside of office hours you will need to make arrangements with our staff. We offer drop off or pick up on NON-business days at 8 am, 12 pm, or 6 pm. Drop off or pick up at any other time outside of office hours WILL NOT be accomodated. Drop offs and pick ups are NOT allowed on the following holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day, Christmas day, New years Day.
7. Payment for boarding services is due in full at the time of drop off. If you plan on dropping your pet off outside of our regular business office hours, prepayment is required. You may take care of this payment however you wish. If you have not taken care of payment by the end of business hours the final business day before your stay, then the credit card you provided on file will be charged for your pet's stay.
8. If you pick up 24 hours or more before your pet's scheduled pick up time, a refund will be issued to the card on file. Refunds will not be awarded for pick ups less than 24 hours early. If you refuse to keep a card on file, then you agree that you forfeit any early pick up refunds.
8. If your pet participates in daycare, you understand that due to the different surfaces present in our play areas, and the way pet's interact with one another, minor cuts, scrapes, scratches, paw abrasions, or other injuries may occur even though dogs are supervised at all times. Heart of Ankeny staff will contact you if your pet has an injury or illness that requires medical attention. Heart of Ankeny Animal Hospital, and any of it's employees, will not be liable for any illness, injury, escape, or death of your pet while they are in our care for overnight boarding or daycare. Furthermore, owners will be fully responsible for any harm a pet in our care may cause to other patients, staff, volunteers, or other invitees.
9. All reasonable precautions will be taken to prevent injury or escape of your pet. Heart of Ankeny Animal hospital is not responsible for the actions of your pet that may cause injury or escape.
20. The following high demand periods will require a $50 deposit to hold your boarding reservation: Spring Break, Summer (May-Sept), Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years. Specific dates vary from year to year, and are available on request. This deposit will be applied towards the fees for your stay, but is NON refundable unless your stay is cancelled 48 hours or more in advance. Refunds will NOT be given for early pick up during Spring Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years periods.
11. Daycare hours of operation are 7am-6pm. Half day daycare sessions are 7am-12:30pm OR 12:30pm-6pm. Any client who is scheduled for a 1/2 day and stays past their scheduled pick up time will be charged for a full day of daycare. Any full day daycare client who is late for pick up will be charged a $3 late fee for every 15 minutes past closing time (6pm). Any pet that has not been picked up by 6:30pm will have arrangements made for overnight boarding at the owner's expense, and will have to be picked up the following day.
12. Heart of Ankeny has the right to permanantly remove ANY dog from daycare if we feel they are not interacting well with other dogs or staff/people.
A Boarding Check-in Form is required for all patients boarding at Heart of Ankeny Animal Hospital. To ensure efficiency at check-in we would appreciate you filling out this form in advance. Please review the policies above and then click on the link to complete and submit the form online prior to your stay. Thank you!
A Daycare Waiver Form is required for all patients participating in daycare at Heart of Ankeny Animal Hospital. Use the link to complete and submit online. This form must be resubmitted annually. Thank you!