Effective Monday, May 17, 2021, our hospital will be fully open to clients. You will no longer be required to check in with reception by phone prior to entering. Masks are recommended for all unvaccinated clients that enter the hospital. Curbside services will still be available for any client who does not wish to come inside the hospital.
- When you arrive for your OFFICE VISIT you may come inside and check in with reception. Please have your pet on a leash or in a carrier. Our receptionists will get your pet checked in and will escort you to an exam room for your appointment.
- If you are scheduled for a TECHNICIAN VISIT, you may come inside and check in with reception. You will be asked to wait in the lobby, or outside if you prefer, while our staff escorts your pet to the treatment area for his/her services. Please remember that technician visits DO NOT get to consult with the doctor as these services are performed by veterinary technicians. If you wish to consult with the doctor you will need to schedule an office visit.
- If you opt for CURBSIDE SERVICE, please ensure that your phone is charged, BEFORE coming to our facility. This is very important to be able to communicate with our staff. For curbside service, please call or text our office to let us know you have arrived. Our staff will discuss your pet's needs over the phone and a staff member will then come to the car to bring your pet inside for their services. Our doctors will discuss any exam findings or recommendations over the phone. Payment will be handled over the phone and your pet will be returned to your vehicle. Again, PLEASE make sure your pet is securely leashed or in a pet carrier to ensure safe transport inside.
- When you arrive for your pet's boarding drop off or pick up appointment, you may choose to come inside or choose to remain curbside. When you come in the main door please enter our boarding reception area to the left. If you choose to remain curbside, please call our office when you arrive and let our staff know you area here. We will send a kennel technician out to your vehicle to get your pet checked in.
- We ask that clients who are scheduled for boarding take care of all necessary paperwork prior to drop-off. We will not be able to accept your pet without all required paperwork completed. A boarding check-in form will be emailed to you prior to your stay for easy completion in advance. For your convenience we have added a section at the bottom of our Boarding Check-in Form allowing you to inform us you have reviewed and understand our Boarding Policies.
- Payment will meet the same expectations as listed on our Boarding Policies and clients will be expected to keep a card on file to be run for services done.
We will continue to monitor CDC and IDPH guidelines as they evolve and will continue to follow their recommended guidelines.
❤ Heart of Ankeny Staff