- Online Store
- Meet our Staff
- Tour our Clinic
- Appointments & Contact
- Pet Health Blog
- Pet Library
- New Client Form
- About Your PetSite
- Appointment Request
- Hospital Reviews
- Submit Review
701 SW Ordnance Rd.
Ankeny, IA 50023
Pet Boarding and Daycare
Going out of town and can't bring your furry friend with you! Or do you just want a place for your best buddy to get some TLC while you're at work? We would LOVE to spend some quality time with them! Heart of Ankeny Animal Hospital now offers boarding AND daycare. Your pet can have their own vacation while you're away, and you can leave them in comfort and know they are in great hands at our veterinary hospital!
Boarding and Daycare Fees
Boarding and Daycare Policies
1. All pets staying in the hospital are required to be current on vaccinations. Dogs require DAPP, Bordetella, and Rabies vaccines while cats require FVRCP and Rabies vaccines.
2. All pets staying are required to be current on flea and tick prevention. Any pet found to have external or internal parasites while in our care will be treated at the owner's expense.
3. All boarding and daycare clients are required to keep a current credit or debit card on file. This card will be used to handle any medical needs that may arise, to pay for extended stay fees if your pet stays past his/her scheduled pick up time, to pay for "No Show" and late cancellation fees if they should occur, or to use for prepayment of boarding reservations when necessary (see #5 below)
4. All reservations require at least 24 hours notice for cancellation. Any boarding reservation that cancels less than 24 hours from their stay will be charged a late cancel fee of $25. Any Daycare reservation that is cancelled less than 24 hours from their stay or that "No Shows" for their reservation will be charged the full fee for their daycare reservation.
5. If you are picking up or dropping off your pet outside of office hours you will need to make arrangements with our staff. We offer drop off or pick up on NON-business days at 8am, 12pm, or 6pm. Drop off or pick up at any other time outside of office hours will not be accomodated.
6. Payment for boarding services is due in full at time of drop off. If you plan on dropping off your pet off outside of our regular office hours prepayment is required. You may take care of this payment however you wish. If you have not taken care of payment by the end of business hours the final business day before your stay, then your credit card on file will be charged for your pet's stay. If you pick up your pet early we will refund you for that portion of your stay, however refunds must be given in the form of an account credit.
7. Daycare hours of operation are 7am - 6pm. Half day daycare sessions are 7am-12:30pm OR 12:30pm - 6pm. Any client who is scheduled for a 1/2 day and stays past their scheduled pick up time will be charged for a full day daycare fee. Any full day daycare client who is late for pickup with be charged a $3 late fee for every 15 minutes past closing time (6pm). Any pet that has not been picked up by 6:30pm will have arrangements made for overnight boarding at the owners expense, and will have to be picked up the following day.
8. Heart of Ankeny has the right to permanantly remove ANY dog from daycare if we feel they are not interacting well with other dogs or staff/people.
Runs in our West Wards
Runs in our East Wards